We know it can be overwhelming to worry that something may be wrong with your heart, or to learn that you have heart valve disease. And the information you find online or through social media can be confusing. To help you find important information in one place, Heart Valve Voice US has gathered helpful resources from trusted partners.
These resources are meant to guide you through your journey, from first experiencing symptoms, through diagnosis, treatment and aftercare.
In these Resources for Your Journey, you will find downloadable materials as well as useful links:
- HVV US Webinar: Ask the Experts Q&A for Heart Valve Patients
- HVV US Webinar: Living with Heart Valve Disease
- HVV US Webinar: Innovation and the Future of Heart Valve Disease
- New Options for Heart Valve Patients: What you should consider
- Moving Toward a Heart Team Approach; Information to Empower Patients
- Patient Perspective: Natalie’s Story
- 3 Tips for Navigating Bumps in the Road on the Way to Aortic Stenosis Treatment
In the comprehensive directories linked below, you can search with confidence to find a health professional near you. Unlike other online directories, the providers listed have not paid to advertise. The lists are provided by leading medical societies like the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions (SCAI), Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS/CTS), the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) and the Association of Black Cardiologists (ABC).
- AHA What is TAVR (TAVI)
- What the Heck is an Interventional Cardiologist? And Other Mysteries of Heart Valve Disease
- Life After TAVR Managing Uncertainty About My Valve’s Future
- I Was Told I Was Too Young for TAVR. Here’s Why I’m Glad I Pushed Back
- 7 Ways to Make Life a Little Easier Before and After TAVR
- 7 Top TAVR Questions Answered by Someone Who’s Been Through It
- 3 Packing Tips for Your TAVR Hospital Stay
- 6 Tips to Manage Anxiety Before Your TAVR Procedure
Financial Support and Insurance Issues
The Patient Advocate Foundation is a national 501(c)3 organization that provides direct case management services and financial assistance to patients and caregivers. These include helping people navigate the health care system, working with health care providers, payers and employers to assure that patients have access to affordable care, financial and co-pay assistance and teaching self-advocacy to patients and caregivers.