What is Heart Valve Voice US?
- Heart Valve Voice US is a multi-disciplinary group of experts in the field of heart valve disease including cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, general practitioners, cardiac patient societies and patients. Formed in 2016, Heart Valve Voice aims to address the under-diagnosis and under-treatment of people with heart valve disease in the US by raising awareness and understanding of the disease and delivering up-to-date evidence-based treatment guidance to ensure patients receive the right treatment at the right time.
What is Heart Valve Voice US campaigning for?
- The Heart Valve Voice mission is to improve the diagnosis, treatment and management of heart valve disease by raising awareness of its severity to ensure timely detection so that all patients receive appropriate support and the right treatment at the right time, ultimately leading to a future with greater quality and longevity of life.
What are Heart Valve Voice US next steps/plans?
Heart Valve Voice has developed a six point action plan which it believes will effectively drive change in the diagnosis, treatment and management of heart valve disease across the US. The six points are:
- Raising awareness of the symptoms and severity of heart valve disease among the US general public so that it is no longer THE silent killer
- Improving the diagnosis and recognition of heart valve disease by educating all those involved with heart valve disease patients on the severity of heart valve disease
- Working towards ensuring there is a clear and effective treatment pathway between primary care, secondary care and expert heart teams to ensure a more effective treatment of the disease
- Effectively campaigning for the early detection, improved recognition and optimal treatment of heart valve disease across the US
- Providing credible, independent and realistic advice to provide patients, physicians and policymakers with heart valve disease information
- To represent heart valve patients in the US to ensure that they receive the most appropriate treatment at the most appropriate time, improving quality of life and overall outcome.
How can I get involved?
- Should you want to get involved with Heart Valve Voice, please complete and submit a a form on our Add Your Voice page and we will get in touch with you.
Who should I contact for more information?
- Please contact us at email@example.com.